10 Facts You May Never Knew About Our Planet - LikeWorld

10 Facts You May Never Knew About Our Planet

Travel, WOW


We think we know everything about our home planet, however, we couldn’t be all wrong. Researchers have effectively found a great deal about the Universe, yet they accept there is still substantially more to find around one specific planet.

1. About Mount Everest

Картинки по запросу planets you never knew

 

Hawaiian Mauna Kea has an elevation of 4,205 m above ocean level. Nonetheless, the greatest piece of the spring of gushing lava rests beneath ocean level. So if measured from the base to the summit, Mauna Kea is 10,203 m high, which is 1,355 m taller than Mount Everest.

2. Earth’s Atmosphere Has Borders

Despite the fact that the level of Earth’s atmosphere closes substantially higher, this very line was perceived by The World Air Sports Federation as the limit between the air and space.

3. Driest Place On Earth

It’s usually trusted that the driest place on Earth is the Atacama Desert in Chile that hasn’t had precipitation for a large number of years. Be that as it may, the McMurdo Dry Valleys in Antarctica have seen no rain for almost 2 million years. The breezes here can achieve rates of 320 km/h.

4. The Freshwater

The seas and oceans hold 97% of Earth’s water, however, it’s salty sea water, not appropriate for drinking. The rest of the 3% of aggregate freshwater is held in icy masses (70%) and in Lake Baikal (20%).

5. The World’s Oldest Temple

Gobekli Tepe, the oldest known temple, is situated in southern Turkey. Scientists trust that the carvings on the columns demonstrate that about 11,000 years prior a comet strike caused a sudden temperature drop on our planet.

6. The Moon Was Once Part Of The Planet Earth

Swedish researchers recommend that somewhere in the range of 4.36 billion years prior planet Earth slammed into hypothesized planetary-mass object Theia, resulting in the development of Earth’s just perpetual common satellite.

7. In 250 Million Years Continents Will Reunite

 

As we probably are aware, Pangea, a supercontinent that existed 335-175 million years prior, split into two distinct landmasses, shaping Laurasia and Gondwana. Be that as it may, researchers trust the mainlands will join together again in 250-300 a long time from now and will turn into a solitary supercontinent called Pangaea Ultima.

8. A Single-Celled Organism Caused The First Mass Extinction.

A microscopic organisms named Methanosarcina all of a sudden sprouted in the seas 252 million years prior, setting off the main mass eradication of bugs known to science. It likewise gave Archosaurs a remarkable opportunity to develop.

9. Most Of Our Planet Always Lies In The Dark

As we probably are aware, the World Ocean possesses 71% of our planet’s surface. The profundity of the water presented to daylight is no more than 200 m, so whatever is left of the water is for all time dark. Thusly, the greater part of our planet rests in dark at any time of the day.

10. Neighboring States Can Have A 24-Hour Time Difference

 

In spite of the way that American Samoa is just 2,000 km far from the Line Islands that shape some portion of Kiribati, the time distinction between the two neighbors is 25 hours.

Continue reading next article: