If you’re going to be a royal, you better like boats.
1. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle — Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Alberta, Canada.
The newlyweds are reportedly going to stay at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge where past royals like King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (The Queen Mother) and the current Queen and Prince Philip have previously stayed.
2. Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall — the Columbia Beach Resort in Pissouri Bay, Cyprus.
According to The Telegraph, the Queen’s oldest granddaughter and her husband had to “postpone their honeymoon three months due to their respective sporting careers.”
3. Prince William and Kate Middleton — North Island in the Seychelles.
This archipelago in the Indian Ocean is known for its exclusive private resorts, including the North Island.
4. Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly — Tuningi Safari Lodge in South Africa.
William and Harry’s cousin Peter and his wife opted for a more ~adventurous~ honeymoon at this luxurious destination.
5. Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles — Balmoral Castle in Scotland and then a Greek Island cruise.
Balmoral is a popular estate for the Royal Family; the Queen herself takes an annual vacation there in the summer.
6. Prince Edward and Sophie Helen Rhys-Jones — Balmoral Castle in Scotland.
According to People this was something of an “abbreviated” honeymoon for the Queen’s youngest son and his wife.
7. Princess Anne and Timothy Laurence — Unknown.
The Queen’s only daughter had her second marriage at a church not far from Balmoral Castle in Scotland, but the palace did not disclose where or if the newlyweds would be going on a honeymoon.
8. Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson — The Royal Yacht Britannia in the Atlantic near Portugal.
The Royal Yacht Britannia is kind of infamous for being ~cursed~ and this was the last royal honeymoon to take place on the ship. The Queen’s second son and his wife sailed around the Azores near Portugal.
9. Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer — The Royal Yacht Britannia in the Mediterranean.
According to the ship’s site, the newlyweds “enjoyed beach barbecues and picnics on Greek Islands.” Recently, some of Diana’s correspondence letters with her personal secretary went up for auction. And in a letter from her honeymoon on The Royal Yacht Britannia she wrote, “The honeymoon was a perfect opportunity to catch up on sleep…”
10. Princess Anne and Mark Phillips — The Royal Yacht Britannia in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
According to the ship’s site, Princess Anne and her first husband’s “cruise around Barbados and the Caribbean was disrupted by violent storms with 20-foot high waves. For most of the first week the Royal couple suffered from severe seasickness.”
11. Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones — The Royal Yacht Britannia in the Caribbean.
According to the ship’s site, the Queen’s younger sister “kept mainly to the Royal Apartments and all meals were very formal, with dinner eaten in full evening dress” during their honeymoon.
12. Queen Elizabeth and Philip Mountbatten — the Broadlands in Hampshire, England and Birkhall on the Balmoral Estate in Scotland.
The newlyweds stayed at the large Hampshire estate, which was home of Prince Philip’s uncle Earl Mountbatten and, according to the BBC, even brought the Queen’s corgi, Susan. The Balmoral Estate in Scotland was where the Queen grew up.
13. King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson — Schloss Wasserleonburg in Gailtal, Austria.
King Edward VIII, the Queen’s uncle, famously abdicated to marry American Wallis Simpson. In a letter, Simpson described their honeymoon destination as, “really lovely and peaceful.”
14. King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother— Polesden Lacey in Surrey, England.
The Queen’s parents honeymooned not too far from home at this Edwardian manor house which is now owned and run by the National Trust.